At Go Talk Therapy we only collect your personal information to help and support you with the presenting issues you are facing.
We only ask for the information we need. We always let you decide what you’re comfortable telling us, explain why we need it and treat it as confidential.
When we record and use your personal information we:
- only access it when we have a good reason
- only share what is necessary and relevant
- don’t sell it to anyone
At times we might use or share your information without your permission. If we do, we’ll always make sure there’s a legal basis for it. This could include situations where we have to use or share your information:
- to protect someone’s life – for example, sharing information with a paramedic if a client was unwell at our office. This is called ‘vital interests’
We handle and store your personal information in line with the law – including the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
What we do with your information
Your personal information is kept on file in a paper based filing system.
Contact Go Talk Therapy about your information:
You can contact us to:
- Find out what personal information we hold about you
- Correct your information if it’s wrong , out of date or incomplete
- Request we delete your information
- ask us to limit what we do with your data – for example, ask us not to share it if you haven’t asked us already
- ask us to give you a copy of the data we hold in a format you can use to transfer it to another service
- ask us to stop using your information
For further information you can visit the Information Commissioners website:https://ico.org.uk/.